These Terms and Conditions set out the basis on which we (“Seatrek”) and you (the “Passenger”) agree to conduct all business. For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings, and to all individual Passengers within each booking.
• Seatrek undertakes to deal with all Passengers in a courteous and friendly manner and will endeavour to answer all questions and queries before, during or after the trip. Passenger safety and comfort are paramount to Seatrek, and all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure these commitments are met.
• All Passengers undertake the trip at entirely their own risk. Seatrek cannot be held responsible (save where prescribed by statute) for any injuries, illness, loss of property, theft or damage occurring during a trip, whilst on any of the islands you may be landed on, or travelling to or from the sailing departure point.
• During any given trip, all decisions regarding the running of the vessel and the safety of Passengers are taken by the vessel skipper. The skipper’s decision is final in all matters, including for the avoidance of doubt, any decisions as to the suitability of the weather and / or sea conditions to enable any sailing to go ahead, and the Passengers suitability for landing safely.
• Safety is paramount at all times whilst at sea. Seatrek requires all Passengers to wear a life jacket, (which is supplied) at all times whilst on the deck of the vessel and conduct themselves in a manner which does not unduly endanger themselves or others.
• Due to the ecological fragility of the islands we visit, and St Kilda in particular, Passengers are reminded that animals are strictly forbidden and visitors must depart the islands as they find them, taking nothing and leaving nothing.
• Unfortunately, no guarantees can be made regarding the likelihood of seeing particular wildlife on any given trip. Seatrek can advise on the best times to spot the various species but this is for information only.
• Departure times are as stated for your chosen trip, however, all other timings for the duration of your trip are approximate and very occasionally, can be slightly later than stated. Seatrek cannot be held responsible for any additional costs incurred or inconvenience caused due to timings not running as stated.
• All trips with Seatrek are subject to there being suitable weather conditions to make it safe to undertake, and as such, some trips may have to be cancelled at short notice. Seatrek will notify Passengers the day prior to their booking on the supplied contact numbers, about the likelihood of their booked trip taking place, if we are unable to contact you, normally due to poor mobile signal, it is the Passenger’s responsibility to contact Seatrek to find out if their booked trip is going ahead.
Trip Cancellation by Seatrek
• Unfortunately, no guarantees can be made regarding the date, the weather and the likelihood of a trip going ahead. Seatrek cannot be held responsible for costs incurred for a cancelled trip but will always endeavour to make planned trips where possible and safe to do so. In the event of a trip being cancelled due to weather conditions or other factors beyond our reasonable control, deposits are refunded in full within 10 business days.
• In the unlikely event that sufficient Passenger numbers to run a trip are not met, minimum of 6 for RIB trips and Wildlife Cruises on Lochlann. Seatrek reserves the right to cancel the trip and will not be liable for any loss incurred by the customer. In this instance, Seatrek will endeavour to accommodate Passengers on another trip, if this is not possible for either party, customers will be refunded in full. This is extremely unlikely during the summer months and notice will be given to this effect.
Trip Cancellation and Refund
If a RIB trip is cancelled by a Passenger, you must give at least 24 hours notice to receive a full refund.
• If a Passenger fails to show up for a RIB trip, payment will be retained and no refund given.
• In the case of a ‘whole boat charter’ booking, if the booking is cancelled more than 30 days before the trip, the deposit is refunded less a cancellation fee of £50. If it is cancelled less than 30 days before the trip is due to take place, the deposit is non-refundable
• Seatrek recommends that all Passengers take out travel insurance to cover any losses that they may incur.
On May 25th 2012 a European Union law was implemented by UK legislation, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, with a requirement that websites that leave non-essential cookies on visitors’ devices have to inform the visitor what these cookies are. This website complies with this law by providing information on the cookies we use so that if you choose you can either modify your browser settings to manage cookies or leave the website.
Non-essential Cookies also enhance our web site performance in a number of ways, personalising your experience on our site, making it more convenient for you.
If you do not wish to disable cookies then you have the option to leave the website.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent in a text file to your computer browser from a website’s server and is then stored on your computer, but only IF your browser’s preferences are set by you to allow it. The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information a user supplies. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
NB: If you are browsing from within a work based network you may not have adequate permissions to allow you to control the cookies that are set.